We've always felt loungewear was missing something. Then we discovered this fabric - a brilliant 100% Merino French Terry from New Zealand Merino knit in Japanese Mills. This fabric is mid weight and able to regulate temperature perfectly for both hot or cold climates. And of course the tiny French Terry loops of ultrafine Merino wool are absurdly comfortable. This felt so good we wanted to sleep in it.
Then we thought about loungewear a little more - what parts did we not like? Unflattering, baggy straight cuts. Prints that scream 'don't let me out of the house'. Lack of pockets - or even worse, tiny ones that won't even fit your phone. Cheap elastic waistbands that flex out and sag after a couple wears. We could go on and on.
So that's why we developed The Willow. A high rise, wide leg crop for whatever the day brings. An oversized waistband doesn't constrict but adds comfort, durability and support. Deep pockets have room for just about anything you could ever want to carry. The flattering cut keeps you looking polished whether you’re walking the dog, sipping mimosas at brunch or just watching Netflix with the in-laws. We made this to be the "I'm done with work - but I'm not done looking or feeling my best" pant.
- 4” wide waistband holds you in without constricting, and won’t roll or collapse
- 9” deep pockets from the bottom stitch keep your hands free and belongings secure
- Super high waist sits slightly above belly button. Slim hip and wide, cropped leg is universally flattering
- 14” rise, 30” waist, 23” hip, 24.5” leg opening, 23” cropped inseam (size M)
- Cut and sewn in Chicago, IL by Gil Sewing Corp.
Merino garments are easy to care for. Thanks to merino's antibacterial properties, you rarely need to wash these pants, but when you do, follow these instructions:
- Hand or machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water with regular detergent
- Lay flat to dry (never machine dry)
French Terry Fabric Details
- Content: 100% merino wool
- Yarn size: 2/60 x 2/60 x 2/60
- Weight: 560 gsm
- Gauge: 30 needles per inch; 14G
- Construction: French Terry for a smooth look on the front, with tiny cozy loops on the interior that create air pockets of warmth while wicking away moisture
- Non-mulesed wool sourced from New Zealand
- Fabric produced in Japan by Fujisaki Textiles Co.
- Moderate natural stretch moves with you
- Approximately 50% widthwise and 37% vertically
- Pocket bags are 100% merino wool jersey by Fujisaki Textiles Co.
- Elastic is polyester/elastane, woven construction, by P.I. Trimmings
I'll start off by saying I'm not a huge loungewear fan. At least I wasn't until now. I have often preferred my fitted jeans to hang out in than a pair of "comfy" pants. This was my thought process before I received these pants. They are AWESOME! Fit is exactly what I expected and true to size. The comfy wide waistband means even when I've overindulged, these pants are still incredibly comfortable. The pockets are far deeper than any other pant I've ever owned (and I'm a pocket snob). The fabric is truly magical. Never hot, never cold no matter where or when I am wearing them. I received these pants less than 2 weeks ago and I have worn them after work every night. The crop is maybe a touch higher than a standard crop (I'm 5'8"), but I actually love where it hits and with the wide leg I've barely noticed. This is absolutely the best loungewear I've ever tried. Can't wait to see what they create next!